Friday, October 9, 2015

Dresser Makeover DIY

Thanks to my time working for the lovely Relove All Things Shabby Market in Kansas, I learned a lot about refinishing furniture pieces. This is one of my favorites I have ever worked on because it was made by Mr Manloves gradfather when his father was a child. It was in great shape still and with a little sanding was almost perfect!

I wanted it to be fun for our girls’ room and this was a color of paint that would work on this surface that I had on hand. Knobs were on clearance at Hobby Lobby and $27 later, a new dresser that we LOVE.

The chalkboard is an old tray that I painted with chalk paint and the ‘be brave’ sign I made with the wood arrow from a thrift store and the letters with paint and a silhouette machine.

I would really like to refinish some pieces for friends around here, so if you have an idea in mind, holla at me via email!

dresser2dresser1

Love,

Mrs Manlove